Friday, September 15, 2017

Congenial Poetic Interlude #6

Future Perfect

When I was young I wished
that I'd had a clue,
I wished I'd known things
my future could do,
when I was small and timid
minding my world's head
inane and oblivious
to a future I'd dread

And if I'd known the seeds,
those sown in rooted grass
from ground soaked sorrow
and war continued to exist
and my world marched
it protested and demonstrated
it taught and sat in after
resolute opinions were not heard

If I were aware then of
the terrors, the reversals
of history I know now
I'd have held on to it tighter
I'd have weighted it heavier
I'd have seen it brighter
my presence in the world
to slow down tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment

A bed-ridden hacker is bound to cough

I woke up November 9, 2016 to see my visibly upset wife. I never shed a tear for Clinton's loss and its consequence. I was info...