Saturday, May 20, 2017

Poetic interlude #3

A River Penché

By Michael P. Amram


All those years ago
I danced
on top of the world
all the years ago
I danced
for my face in the crowd

I danced
along the bluffs that
panned the Mississippi
when wind
rhythms and soft
waists were all I needed

I viewed
habor lights from my
youth in ignominity
from my
bosomed cradle of
esteemed security

I danced
when slow songs in sad
eyes were things I needed
to see
to look inside my soul
for my best to free


and in time we peed
in drunken sinks
when urinals were full
or girls gathered
to go in twos to stalls
like Noah's kind

(heh) some drunk mime
always fronted lines
he hopped
and danced, he crossed
his legs to meet
music's beat in time

we were queued eight balls
staring at heads
imagining dancing on
the tops of what led
to my world
for that moment


No comments:

Post a Comment

A bed-ridden hacker is bound to cough

I woke up November 9, 2016 to see my visibly upset wife. I never shed a tear for Clinton's loss and its consequence. I was info...