Monday, March 27, 2017

poetic interlude #1

Defenses of Youth
by M.P. Amram


Derelict rejections of what I was
come spiraling down,
blending like side-burns
the sediments of me,

I dare to nurse and coax sweetness
from a pear and wipe
juices on my leg to soften it
for the next forage

suns that are hidden behind drapes
lacy with transparencies
opaque pulpits that guard boundaries
morning crows' are my ripe sentries

They're shapes of fruited trees
silhouettes on shades pulled
behind what drapes fit ghosts
of what I think I must leave

with hinged spectators outside
the rattles of windy nights
star-borne sadists that taunt me
until beds end their fetal fights

and in the union of the night
as I lay, spent, betrothed,
addled with my dignity

in my bed hat and sheets
that sieze to fly up to moonlight
glare—they're ribbons in cells
within my jailed defiance

yet I lay still, I quiver
as beams of vindictive light
embolden me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

A bed-ridden hacker is bound to cough

I woke up November 9, 2016 to see my visibly upset wife. I never shed a tear for Clinton's loss and its consequence. I was info...